CALL FOR SATELLITE EVENTS
"Take advantage of the facilities set up
*pre-congress satellite conferences, seminars, workshops or meetings.
Contact : ICPP2023@univ-lyon1.fr
1- What is a Satellite Events ?
A satellite event is a symposium or a workshop (halfday, 1, 2 or 3 days) that will take place the week-end just before (or eventually just after) the ICPP2023 on a topic of interest to ICPP attendees related to Plant Pathology or Plant Health, and in order to combine both events into a single trip !
2- Possible dates
From friday 18 to sunday 20 august 2023 (and eventually from saturday 26 to monday 28 of august 2023), in Lyon, France.
Satellite events will benefit from:
- The official connection to the International Congress of Plant Pathology (ICPP2023) gathering more than 1500 expected attendees (>2000 in Boston 2018).
- The patronage of the International Society of Plant Pathology (ISPP; www.isppweb.org) and the French Phytopathological Society (SFP; www.sfp-asso.org).
- The logistic of the Professional Congress Organizer Europa Group (www.europa-group.com) that will take care of space rental, registration management, and catering.
- The location of the City-Centre Lyon convention center (www.ccc-lyon.com).
- The promotion by the ICPP2023 Conference webpage (www.icpp2023.org).
How to organize a satellite events ?
Comments : Satellite events will be run by independent scientific organizations or groups for example it may be a community of researchers working on the same model of study. Satellite events will have their own registration fees (to be determined with Europa Group) and ICPP/SFP will not provide any financial support.
If you are considering organizing a meeting that would qualify as a satellite event, please contact ICPP2023@univ-lyon1.fr with the following informations:
- Name of meeting and estimated number of participants;
- Proposed dates and how many days? (e.g. halfday, 1, 2 or 3 days);
- Scope or content of meeting and organizing society or affiliate;
- is this event recurring and with what periodicity?